After The Mega-Hack, Why No Word From Marissa Mayer?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Honestly, if I had a $55 million golden parachute that hinged on the Verizon deal going through, I would hide in a hole too until this all blows over. Besides, there isn't anything Mayer can say that will help anyway.

This would be a busy week for any tech CEO: One billion user accounts hacked, and a $4.83 billion deal on the line. Yet we haven't heard a peep from Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. Yahoo has been the internet's troubled child for the past few years — but things seemed to be looking up after Verizon agreed in July to acquire the company. And then came a double whammy of data breaches. Fast forward to the end of the year, with two mammoth hacks now publicly disclosed and the Verizon deal potentially in jeopardy — and Mayer still hasn't made any statements.

Whatever happens, "She'll be seen as the CEO who tried and failed to revive the core business and sold the company," Sterling said. "That will be the headline."

And was hacked. And might not be bought out. And perhaps vultures will swoop in, buy up any IP left in the place and let it rot on a dial-up connection.

She didn't do any favors for Yahoo, but then again, Yahoo was already scraping the iceberg.

"Mayer is notorious for her work ethic — even building a nursery in her office after a baby and banning employees from telecommuting."

TOXIC. That's the same shit attitude that makes people show up at work sick. Stay the fuck home. Stop calling that "work ethic" and start calling it stupidity.

I thought I saw her at the end of the table on the news feed when all the high tech executives met with pres-elect trump. They could meet with him anytime with just a phone call away. No formal pecking order to get to him and no one has to pay $1500 a plate dinner to rub elbow's with him either. I wonder if Trump canceled his Yahoo account?

"Mayer is notorious for her work ethic — even building a nursery in her office after a baby and banning employees from telecommuting."

TOXIC. That's the same shit attitude that makes people show up at work sick. Stay the fuck home. Stop calling that "work ethic" and start calling it stupidity.

That whole thing with the nursery and a paid staff to care for the baby is great. Gosh, why didn't her poor lazy underlings think of that! I'm SURE the company offered it, right?

It reminds me of the Mad TV spoof of Oprah wondering why people were so upset by terrorists when you could just buy a small island and outfit it with a large metal dome to keep out bombs and planes.

lol, she doesn't want to be the face of some of the biggest hacks in history. I think hiding is a good way to avoid the connection.

I know someone that worked at Yahoo. They had a 6x6 cube. No problem, I'm sure that's perfect for a nursery and nobody would mind a crying infant in the server room for hours. They also offered him a personal aid to watch his child in office too , oh yeah, wait, they didn't. It's easy to have a "work ethic" by not needing to do normal human stuff and have essentially unlimited room to do shit when you are worth 100+ million.

They let a guy bring his dog in for a couple days once at my old job.

Yep. Met her once.

Stupid c word.

Because there could be serious ramifications for the executive at Yahoo over this.

Massive, even.

I know my data was stolen, because they emailed me. I don't remember making a Yahoo account... Maybe it was when Yahoo was relevant? When was that? 1995? Might be why I don't remember.

I keep my Yahoo account mainly because I got it over a decade ago back before sanity checks, and I have completely false information on it. Fake name, address, phone number, etc. I use it for spam.

But as others have stated, it's not surprising what she's doing. I will say though that the hack is probably worse than what's been mentioned. Nobody ever admits the full extent of what's happened.

I know my data was stolen, because they emailed me. I don't remember making a Yahoo account... Maybe it was when Yahoo was relevant? When was that? 1995? Might be why I don't remember.

They host AT&T email, so anyone with U-Verse goes through AT&T servers.

They host others, but I have AT&T.

She can just distract everyone with that hideous laugh of hers.

Distract?? More like want to shove red hot spikes into your ears just to stop hearing that laugh!! Hers makes Jeff Bezos' laugh seem normal!! What sane, competent person laughs like a raving lunatic?? The Joker wishes he could have a laugh like hers to strike terror into people!!

WARNING.. once heard, it is never forgotten!! It will follow you to both Heaven or Hell!! Hearing it is probably a taste of what Hell is like!

Distract?? More like want to shove red hot spikes into your ears just to stop hearing that laugh!! Hers makes Jeff Bezos' laugh seem normal!! What sane, competent person laughs like a raving lunatic?? The Joker wishes he could have a laugh like hers to strike terror into people!!

WARNING.. once heard, it is never forgotten!! It will follow you to both Heaven or Hell!! Hearing it is probably a taste of what Hell is like!

That is SO fake....right? I mean, there's no way that's real. It sounds like it's been digitally garbled...right?

cuz shes a creep, its called corporate trolling when you own a company and put a woman in charge, let them suffer lol

That is SO fake....right? I mean, there's no way that's real. It sounds like it's been digitally garbled...right?
Have you ever heard John Carmack speak? They both share that sort of "uber nerd" vocal inflection.

Back