after market cooler for a 5850?

bradyapba

Gawd
It seems to have a lot of head room on my overclock, but man is the fan loud :)

Is there any after market coolers for this video card yet?

And are they any good?

I've been looking into this for the past few days, as I too would like to get one, and the only one that truly lists on the specification page as supporting the 5850 is the Scythe Musashi Twin Fan. In my research, I've seen a lot of people have success with the Zalman VF 1000, but it is yet to be officially supported for any of the 5xxx cards.

I'm leaning towards the Scythe Musashi myself. Whatever you get, I hear to try and use the stock cooling plate for the best possible dissipation on the VRMs. Here's a link to a discussion on the Scythe.

yeah im reading the same things now. Keep the stock VRM plate.

And that the Scythe, VF 1000, and the accerlo twin turbo all fit.

and after reading your link, i was not too impressed with the scythe....those were some pretty hot temps.

Not sure what to look at. There just doesnt seem to be enough testing out there to get a good judge of what is getting the best results.

I would love to see some ones results with the VF 1000, as its an easy install.

The accerlo twin turbo seemed to get decent results.

Last edited:
after reading that french review. Im definitely going to try the Twin Turbo pro. Its the only one that plugs into the fan header of the VC. They broke it down pretty well. Its that or the Setsugen, or wait to see what the Zalman 3000 does.

Any chance there's a decent cooler that is single slot only?

Back