After Crash, display became distorted?

flboad

Limp Gawd
Hello,

Before the crash, i had the latest Omega drivers on my lap top with has a 9600 pro in it. Everything was fine, My background picture is a a few curvey lines, and everything look crystal clear on my display.

I was running a program that involved a little bit of work from the video card nothing to heavy.
And it crashed,

After i rebooted and started it up again and get into windows everything is distorted. When i first boot up, i see my wallpaper, Look crystal clear and smooth, but no icons, a sec later the screen flashs black and than back again with a grey background, and my icons are up, and than the wall paper loads up, BUT it looks like Hell, curves have jaggies the image isn't smooth, there's almost like a haze on some of the words, dosen't make the words Clear. Image just plain looks like shit.

I've reinstalled the drivers, checked and rechecked all my setting on my video card, nothing is out of order? What gives it's very annoying.

Boot into safemode and see if your display works properly. If it does, remove everything associated with your video card driver and it's control pannel. I beleive ATI offers a utility to remove all traces of the video card driver as well.

Then reboot and install the newest drivers for your video card.

I tried those things. I had a feeling its something to do with the profile. So created a new user, logged in as that one and the display is perfect, curves are nice and smooth everything looks as it should. I haven't been able to pinpoint what file or config is screwed up but it's something to do with the Profile of the user. The picture looks excatly like Safemode does but in 1024X768 mode, with 32 million colors. Still confused by it. But I guess i'll start using the new user/profile since it works

Back