Affordable hi-res display?

I do a lot of terminal work and want as much screen real estate as possible, mostly in pixels. I'd prefer something >1680x1050, and the more pixels the better.
I view the GDM-FW900 as rare and cost prohibitive, but the holy grail. If I win the lottery I am buying one.

I currently run two 19" 1280x1024 displays with KDE + Xmonad. Managing both displays is a bit of a pain, so I'd rather have one. Switching to a single display would not be a problem at all with Xmonad.

since somebody is going to say "but you can have your reference up in one monitor and your code on the other monitor if you have two":
Xmonad screenshot:
http://durdn.com/coding-session-xmonad.png

Color repro isn't important to me, and neither is input lag or refresh rate.

I just need lots of crisp pixels. Ideally I would get something far under $500.

Ideas?

Dell SP2309W is 2048x1152 and sells for $200 right now on Dell. The Acer B233HU bmidhz has the same res and a better stand if you can find somebody selling one. The only other monitor with that res is the Samsung 2343BWX, which doesn't seem to be better than the other two in any way.

the Dell SP2309 really does look perfect, and at $200 new from Dell.com it's priced right

I saw the Acer on ZipZoomFly for $220 too.

Last edited:
Not to thread jack, but thanks, I was looking for higher resolution monitor too. This 37" Westinghouse is getting too big and the resolution is too low. Might consider the DELL one, but are there any similarly price 2560 x 1600 monitors.

No.

If you're lucky you could pick up a Samsung 305t from ebay for 600$

Back