Affects of RAM speed on games - research.

Yep, still testing as I have time. I'll be making a new thread and linking this one to it for the final results.

Just takes a while to get stuff done with a full time job, 3 small kids, house and car projects, etc.

Could you try crisis 3 if you have it , Also I noticed going from 24gb of 1600mhz ddr3 to 16 gb @2400mhz bF4 was smoother
Someone has a similar thread on overclock.net if anyone is interested in seeing results

I have been pondering the effect of how full the cpu cache is on ram\game performance
How much effect os\background apps have on how full it is
If the 12m cache on the 4930k would fit a much larger portion of the working data in some games reducing the gain from faster ram or if most games still overflow the cache so much that it doesn't really make much difference vs the 6m cache on 4690k

I dont want to be rude but whats the overall consensus on Memory speed and CLs?

Im in the process of selecting DDR3 and cant make up my mind whether going for a CL11 2400 is worth the extra money in most games and productivity suites?

Almost no effect for small differences and very little difference once you go past 1833MHz..
I changed from 4GB of DDR3 1600 CL6 to 8GB of DDR3 2400 CL11 and couldnt tell the difference.
(using a clocked 2500K)

Back