Aerocube Thoughts

Solar

Limp Gawd
Well the last thread was locked for syntactical reasons, but I still want to post my thoughts about the case. It seems like another revision of the XQpack frame. It's an inch shorter than the Microfly, but not as short as the Q-Pack. It also appears that it has only one 120mm fan in the back. They did away with the handle and I'm glad, I know I'd never use it, and it was ugly. I hope they come out with a non-windowed version and someone stateside decides to sell it. I'd pay about $100 for it. Some links for comparison purposes:

AeroCool's website: http://www.aerocool.com.tw/case/aerocube/aerocube.htm
Ultra's website: http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=13&pPath=439&productID=439
Apevia(Aspire)'s website: http://aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=185&xcSID=0d40883c24b0268a4965d7b6c5f10516

Wow, they finally got it up. It has only been about 6 months since we first saw it.

Same old stuff.

Why oh Why can't someone just release a version with:

2x80mm intakes in front, on lower portion (forget fan controllers, and move the front inputs somewhere else). I think these would fit, no?

Remove the support bar that runs across the middle. This would allow larger CPU coolers to be used.

it seems like the longer you wait the better the case design (overall) gets. When the q-pack first came out everyone was all over it, except for the length issues. Then Ultra improved upon it with a longer base and an added 80mm in the front. AeroCool, while not including the 80mm stepped it up with the brushed aluminum, and added a twist with the integrated fan controller. I agree though that somethig should be done to allow taller CPU coolers, but my Zalman 7000B is alredy doing a super job cooling and the newer chips comming out run as hot or cooler, compared to my 939 4000+, variety is the spice of life though. Overall I can't fault the case because on paper, it looks good. How it performs in the real life is another question.

Steeeeve said:
there is are two cases with 2x80mm fans in the front.

Hmm.. which ones? The Qmicra looks nice but I'm not paying more than $199 for a case no matter how nice, and even that is pushing it. Are there other options in the cube space with these specs?

the PC-V300 has them as well. As for the Qmicra price...I believe PCD Lab is working on that.

Is the sheetmetal thicker than the QPack and Microfly?
I'm also curious where the 3rd internal drive goes. I see no holder for it. On the others, it's where the fan controller is on this.

Not sure I like the mandatory fan speed controls, but it does raise the notch a bit in terms of material quality, so maybe Ultra and Aspire will notice ;-)

Apevia (not aspire) are working on another case in theory....I believe Ultra may have some tricks up their sleeve too ;)

it's seems that Apevia has been working on this case for a while... it better be good. Whith all these pieces of information that you're letting out, it seems that you have more info about the SFF industry than you're letting onto. I'd love to know what PCD labs is cooking up for a price reduction. If only I could make an informed decision on what I want to buy, until I do my SFF will be living in my antec soho tower.

Solar said:
it's seems that Apevia has been working on this case for a while... it better be good. Whith all these pieces of information that you're letting out, it seems that you have more info about the SFF industry than you're letting onto. I'd love to know what PCD labs is cooking up for a price reduction. If only I could make an informed decision on what I want to buy, until I do my SFF will be living in my antec soho tower.

haha, considering I run a SFF website i would hope I had atleast a few contacts :p. But yeah, I can't say much because thats how you lose contacts.

Nice looking - I very much dig the 'brushed metal' effect. Strongest reason I've stuck with the Shuttle ST20G5.

I agree, if they had a version with solid side panels, I'd be *all* *over* *that*.

Steeeeve said:
haha, considering I run a SFF website i would hope I had atleast a few contacts :p. But yeah, I can't say much because thats how you lose contacts.

Honestly, you shouldn't even tell anyone things such as "Don't worry, good stuff is coming out soon." Because that only makes people want to really know what's coming out, and when you then say you're unable to tell them, it simply leaves them frustrated and whatnot. It's better to let them be surprised when something awesome comes out, then to say "Well there's good stuff coming out - but you can't know about it."

dunno about that toastmaster.. By saying good things are coming our way, he makes us wait and hopefully the "wait" is worth it. eh eh. keep giving us hints !

sabrewolf732 said:
haha, told you front panel was alu. :p
Those liars at Ultra said it wasn't :p dang you JonnyGuru!!!!

hehe

As for the hints...I just let you guys know that SFF is not dying and that companies are still working on projects for SFF. I don't mean to torture. Even so, my contacts are rather limited and maybe some others have more, better information

Back