aeon.x2

hope you will post more pics this weekend...
can't wait to see how it looks like when it's done...
also..i got myself a "bronze" acylic sheet...ready for some modding..
so far, i've done taping my side panel and some drawing on it..
gonna cut it tomo, hope i will cut it as well as u did

invalid_ said:
The only thing in the mod from there is the top ring. Nothing else.

Right, but you can still find some of the parts you used there. I thought they had the same handles too but that must have been another site I was on.

They used to carry such handles, but I did not buy them from there nor does he currently carry them.

He does have great products though. :)

invalid_ said:
He does have great products though. :)

They seem a bit expensive though. Do you know of any other sites that have good PC mod equipment. I probably do things backwards than most, butI like to see what's out there for purchase then muster up an idea.

Nothing of his caliber. The handles I bought were crap compared to the ones Ive gotten at mnpctech in the past. So much so I even dropped them from this mod. You get what you pay for.

Mnpctech is great for unique modding bling. Stuff you cannot find anywhere else.

Small update. I got a resoirvoir for the mod and am going to redo the loop tomorrow. Right now its too damn hard to bleed because the air bypasses the T. So I am redoing the loop with the res in place. This way I can fill it up in two spots, the res and the fillport. And as planned the res will make it far easier to get the air out.

The res will be hidden like the T line and such. Because of this I got the smallest one I could find, which ends up being the same one used in mechatechs mod. Very tiny but perfect.

Here is the new loop and placement of the res.

loop_res.jpg

thats an excellent res, even with my crazy setup (pump above the reservoir) it really wasn't that hard to bleed the air out.

mechatech said:
thats an excellent res, even with my crazy setup (pump above the reservoir) it really wasn't that hard to bleed the air out.

Thats what I want to hear! With just a T line and my setup as it should be in height, the air just goes right through. Its been driving me crazy.

Also, BIG props to performance pcs. I ordered this res late Thursday. I got it today already with normal USPS shipping. They had shipped 1 hour after I paid. Crazy stuff!

Ok the water is all done.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The inverters for the cathodes on the other side of the cage hidden

5.jpg

Light placement
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Lighted now
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The top ring with lights inside
12.jpg

Front view
13.jpg

Quite nice, can't wait to see the full effect once the covers are peeled off all the plexis.

I decided to hell with waiting and used this as an excuse to get a new motherboard today.

Right after I got back from buying it I started the hardware install. The mod is not done, but its finally at the part where I can use the PC.

I brought down the current comp for the swap:

1.jpg

The video card ready for waterization
2.jpg

Heatsink underneath
3.jpg

And the glory below
4.jpg

The new motherboard installed
6.jpg

Installing the block
7.jpg

And the gpu block next
8.jpg

Farther back view
9.jpg

Angled view
11.jpg

Full view with black acrylic now showing
12.jpg

13.jpg

The case with window side on
16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

The case in its new home
19.jpg

Booting for the first time w00t
20.jpg

21.jpg

26.jpg

Inside powered on
22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

With the door on
27.jpg

28.jpg

Well thats where I am at. I am also happy to announce that even though I am cooling a GPU and CPU with a small rad my temps are 6c lower than before on the cpu and 5c lower on the GPU. May look to add a second rad in the future.

This mod is almost done now. Whats left is a front LCD, side logo and lettering in Aluminum mounted to the side, and appliques on the inside black acrylic.

Til then.

Very cool, should post a pic of the case lighted up in the dark w/the side panel on, like the last ones but w/the room lights off.

Impulse said:
Very cool, should post a pic of the case lighted up in the dark w/the side panel on, like the last ones but w/the room lights off.

Good call. My cam sucks in low light, but you get the idea. :)

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

invalid_ said:
No worries. That is the T line. Thats where I want the bubbles. On their way out! lol
I built my loop 8 days ago... I still have air in it... T-Line has been refilled twice.

The only air in the system here is the small bubbles you see there in the excess part of the T. They are not in the flow at all. The flow is clear of all air, even tiny bubbles.

how well would these water pumps do with a thin oil? And no im not gonna cool my computer with oil its for a diff computer related project. Thanks
Also whats the best way to set up the system. the components are Pump, Rad, resevior, and water block. I greatly appreciate any help.

Edit: that thing looks like pure sex! cant wait to see the finished product.

German Muscle said:
how well would these water pumps do with a thin oil? And no im not gonna cool my computer with oil its for a diff computer related project. Thanks
Also whats the best way to set up the system. the components are Pump, Rad, resevior, and water block. I greatly appreciate any help.

I honestly have no idea. Never tried oil in my setup. ;) lol

The best way to set up your system is up to opinion.
IMO, Pump > RAD > Water Block > Res > Pump

Back