• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Adware messed up my browser config

Tarfu

n00b
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
20
I got one of those hijackers/search toolbars after I let my brother use my computer. Which won't happen again..

Anyway I successfully removed it, however It changed some system settings I don't know how to fix.

Specifically when I try to go to Tools>internet options I get a dialog that says "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer."

How do I remove this restriction?

Running windows XP
Browser version is IE6

All updates are current
 
I am logged in as the admin thats the problem.

And no, its my home computer
 
Back
Top