• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Advise on ESXi build

Joined
Dec 11, 2001
Messages
961
Hey everyone,
Finally building a new machine for my amazing home lab (its a laptop...) and want to add some VMWare fun into it.
I have been looking up on some build ideas and have concluded on the Asus P8H67-V R3 H67 Socket 1155 motherboard.

Not sure If I'm going for the i5 2400S or the i7 2600. most likely the i5 though.
Also planning 16GB ram but not decided on that part yet.

My main concern was if the onboard sata would be ok on this board. I already assume that the NIC will be useless and will need to get an Intel card in there. but any advice on the MOBO would be helpful.

Thanks
 
About £500 (yea, uk).
I have a couple of sata drives spare. And an intel nic. And possibly a psu from an old am2 system that's still good (can't think of the connectors though)
 
Back
Top