Advice

OrangeKhrush

[H]ard|Gawd
Happy festive season.

I have recently gone from MATX to MITX and I know my Asus DCUII 670 OC 4GB card is starting to show age, but the big issue is the heat it gives off.

As a gamer I am pretty much rolling indie titles and a Battlefield 4 so my needs are not that extreme.

I was wondering if I could get by with a RX460 (unlocked shaders) or 1050ti as my main interest is losing the heat.

Graphics cards are not my forte in total knowledge so I am just putting it out there for suggestions.

If I remember right the 1050 Ti performs almost as well as an AMD 380X when playing at lower resolution (1080)... Pretty beastly for what it is. The 1050 Ti should be quieter, cooler and perform better than the RX 460 (even with the extra 12% boost from the unlocked shaders). The 1050 Ti will give you a nice little performance boost over the 670 also. It's a great card.

If I remember right the 1050 Ti performs almost as well as an AMD 380X when playing at lower resolution (1080)... Pretty beastly for what it is. The 1050 Ti should be quieter, cooler and perform better than the RX 460 (even with the extra 12% boost from the unlocked shaders). The 1050 Ti will give you a nice little performance boost over the 670 also. It's a great card.

Ditto, the 1050Ti does outperform the rx460.

If I remember correctly the 1050Ti does not require the extra power from the PSU and only draws its power through the PCIe lane. Which is also why heat should be less of a factor. At work we use the lower Ti cards for specific tight server builds for that very reason. Our Chief Scientist just bought some 1050Tis for his home builds/projects and really likes them.

Back