Advice/opinion to getting new amp

lagittaja

Weaksauce
Well. Right now I have Pioneer VSX-519, a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.2's and Audio Pro Sub B1.20.
Amp is connected to computer using toslink and subwoofer connected to amp's sub preout and I'm using the amp crossover.

I'm moving sometime during may and want to get rid off of few things before that.
This big, clunky a/v amp is among them.

So obviously I need to replace it with something.
Currently I have set my eyes on a "Class"-T amp which has the Tripath TA2020 chip.
Probably going to go with SMSL SA-36A
I'll get a Xonar DGX to accompany it.

What I'm not sure about is how should I handle the crossover?
Should I just go DGX 3.5mm jack -> subwoofer 2x rca input, let the integrated xover in the sub handle crossovering and then subwoofer 2x rca out -> to lepai 2x rca input? Volume adjusting would be a tad difficult compared to how it is now.

Last edited:
Well I ended up ordering one of those Lepai TA2020A+ amps with a 12V5A psu included. Cost me a little under 36€.
Picked it up earlier today and now been using it for maybe few hours. Loving it. Only thing I don't like are the god damn spring loaded speaker terminals since I have my Wharfe's bi-wired but that can be easily fixed. During summer will be doing some mods to it, new psu with better regulation, recapping it and hopefully I can replace the speaker terminals.

I also have the Asus Xonar DGX waiting for me in the post office, but I won't be able to pick it up until late next week.

Noticed that there's a pop when I turn the amp either on or off. Luckily it isn't a loud pop and I'm not turning it on/off all the time so shouldn't be a problem in the long run.

Yeah as great as that amp is its a bit cheap to have a soft on and off. very musical.

Back