Advice on selecting a radiator?

Hey guys,

So I've been looking around on a bunch of the modding websites and noticed that radiators are outrageously expensive compared to vehicle radiators.

Is there any reason someone can't use a vehicle radiator?
Are PC WC radiators more efficient and thus the price?
What other kinds of questions should I be looking for when selecting radiators?

I wouldn't say 40-50ish for a MCR320 is expensive but anyhow, you can use a vehicle radiator or a non-PC ready raditor but you'll have to weld barbs onto it yourself and rig a way to mount the fans like they used to do back in the day. Also people used heatercores and such back in the day because they cooled better but most modern PC ready radiators do a much better job without the headache.

You should ask yourself what needs to be cooled, how quiet you want it, and if you want internal or external mounting.

yeah, that's a decent rad at a good price.

and specifically the '77 pontiac bonneville heatercore is a good fit for 2 120mm fans. i forget if it's the one with or without A/C that you want, though. :p

.......back in the day......jeez......make a guy feel old.......

Don't buy Koolance...:D

Go away you silly childish troll. You don't know what you're talking about and you're acting like your opinion is factual truth. Don't buy Thermochill unless you like extremely high costs, neverending rinsing of your radiator, and nonstandard threading. Buy Swiftech or XSPC radiators.

Last edited:
Go away you silly childish troll. You don't know what you're talking about and you're acting like your opinion is factual truth. Don't buy Thermochill unless you like extremely high costs, neverending rinsing of your radiator, and nonstandard threading. Buy Swiftech or XSPC radiators.

He has his own website and forums where he gets to be as obnoxious as he likes. I was actually directed there there by a friend, but just looking through the place left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Don't expect much from him.

He has his own website and forums where he gets to be as obnoxious as he likes. I was actually directed there there by a friend, but just looking through the place left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Don't expect much from him.

Believe me, I know. He banned me from there for "trolling" which apparently is defined as having a different opinion than him in his bizarro world. He's an idiot.

Back