Advice on new Laserjet?

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 11, 2001
Messages
12,831
Are there any new HP laserjets that compare with their old workhorse units like the Laserjet 5N, etc? I'm looking for something that will be mostly problem free for 10+ years in a business environment.

Most of what I see at places like fry's look like really cheap soho units, and I've already been burned once with a cheap Samsung laserjet that failed in more ways than I can count.
 
I've had my 1320 for years, so for so good :D But I agree there are a lot of junky looking ones out there now :(
 
Old printers are like the old IBM keyboards...Probably could work for 200 years! Most new HP ones seem to be pre-built for a certain amount of use...Planned obsolescence if you will. I often overheard HP employees complaining about them.

Right now, I'm rather partial to Canon printers since they seem to be more reliable than other brands. So maybe check Canon out?

How I miss the dot matrix printers, I used to fall asleep by them as a kid since they were so soothing :)





 
Back
Top