• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Advice on new gaming rig

Joined
Sep 26, 2014
Messages
2
I want to build a medium-high end gaming rig that can handle current and future games flawlessly. I'm throwing everything out I have right now (a 7 year old rig) and starting a new, so I'm also getting a keyboard, mouse, screen... I haven't build a pc in 7 years so bear with me.

I guess I still need 2 case fans, since the fractal case only provides 2. No idea which ones I should purchase. I'm purchasing the windowed version so I would like some pretty blue lighting to go with it. I've never had a windowed case though... Are 2 fans with blue lighting enough?

I'm also unsure about the PSU. Will 650 watts suffice. Is the one I picked a good one, or are there better choices?

Any feedback is appreciated! Around 1500 euros is about the maximum I'm willing to spend.

You can view my shopping cart here (dutch website though)

http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winke...707630]=1&product[708051]=1&product[732238]=1
 
Your shopping cart looks good so far. That said, I have a few more questions to ask you:

- Which games are you planning on playing? At what level of visual quality?
- How much do you plan on overclocking the i5-4690K?
- Are you sticking with one 1920x1080 monitor? Do you plan on going with either multiple monitors or a larger resolution monitor within the next year or two?

The Fractal Design Define R4 case comes with two 140mm case fans. How hot is it where you live?
 
- All kinds of games. Always on ultra quality

- I plan on giving the cpu the overclock which most people go for with this cpu, so nothing extreme...

- I plan on sticking with one monitor.

Also, i just chucked the idea of getting lighting on the case. So im going for a closed case with no window for optimal quietness. So which and how many fans should i get?
 
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is fine for a "nothing extreme" CPU overclock. You could also consider the Cooler Master Seidon 120V, which is better for overclocking but louder (in operation) than the Hyper 212 EVO.

With the Define R4, you would be fine with two 140mm fans in the front as intake fans, one 120mm or 140mm fan as the rear exhaust fan, and one 120mm or 140mm fan as the top exhaust fan. If you were go with a liquid CPU cooler, like the Seidon 120V, you could use that as the rear exhaust fan. Fortunately, you just need to pick up two more 140mm fans.
 
Back
Top