Hello, long time lurker here.
I have tried to read up as much as I can on the newest gaming panels, but there are a couple points I am unclear on.
My problem is I can not take the eye / brain strain from the LCD motion blur any longer on my display. Gaming is my hobby, and my negative reaction to the discomfort of trying to game on my LCD panel is so bad (headaches, vision blurs, nauseousness) I'm considering having to give it up entirely
My current panel is a BenQ v2400w.
I've heard that the newer 120Hz panels are better for motion, but do they really eliminate the blur? Also, as I understand it, the game has to run at 120FPS in order to take advantage of the additional "smoothness" as the monitor does not interpolate additional frames like a 120Hz TV would. Is that correct?
Would I be best served trying to game on a high performing TV, or is there another option for me? The problem is most of my gaming is PC-based, not console (ie MMOs, etc). Or would one of the newer 120Hz gaming panels possibly help my situation? Like the Samsung S27A750D or the upcoming Asus VG278H?
Lastly, I am not interested in 3D but it seems to come with the 120Hz territory. Any advice is appreciated, thanks
I have tried to read up as much as I can on the newest gaming panels, but there are a couple points I am unclear on.
My problem is I can not take the eye / brain strain from the LCD motion blur any longer on my display. Gaming is my hobby, and my negative reaction to the discomfort of trying to game on my LCD panel is so bad (headaches, vision blurs, nauseousness) I'm considering having to give it up entirely
I've heard that the newer 120Hz panels are better for motion, but do they really eliminate the blur? Also, as I understand it, the game has to run at 120FPS in order to take advantage of the additional "smoothness" as the monitor does not interpolate additional frames like a 120Hz TV would. Is that correct?
Would I be best served trying to game on a high performing TV, or is there another option for me? The problem is most of my gaming is PC-based, not console (ie MMOs, etc). Or would one of the newer 120Hz gaming panels possibly help my situation? Like the Samsung S27A750D or the upcoming Asus VG278H?
Lastly, I am not interested in 3D but it seems to come with the 120Hz territory. Any advice is appreciated, thanks