• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Advice on Lowering Temps New WC Setup.

Spazilton

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
2,802
Ok just got done leaktesting my new WC setup.

GPU and Chipset temps are great. CPU temps are no better than Air cooling. Ambient around 22-24c

My Chipset dropped from around 52-55c to 38c Maxed.
Video Card dropped from around 46c (Zalman 700) to 32 Idle, 41c Loaded on Water.

CPU stayed the same. 38c Idle, 48c loaded.

I had to make a semi long tubing run for the res, as there was no where to mount it in the main part of my Lian Li 2000.

Im using ~65-70CFM fans on the Stealth 240

Here is the flow setup. Pump - > Stealth 240 > TDX > Maze 4 GPU > Chipset > Res > Pump

Could I possibly have a bad mount on the block, or possibly should I delid my Opty (I really dont want to do this).

Just need some Ideas.
 
Try reseating the block on your proc. Since temps everywhere else are lower, I'd think it's the mounting. If that doesn't help, "deliding" would help, but I'd save that as a last resort unless it's something you're comfortable doing. (I've heard of it providing a drop of as much as 8 C, but that's not enough to get me to try it on anything but a really cheap chip).
 
I tightned the thumbscrews down a bout aonther 1/2 turn or so. I used a small dab of thermal compound and its slightly oozing out the sides of the TDX so I think I have good contact.

Thing that concerns me is that when the processor goes from no load to fully loaded on both cores the temps goes right from idle, to around 2c below max. So right from 38c-46c almost instantly.
Guess Im just a tad disappointed so far.
 
Back
Top