Advice on Interim Video Card

pacific493

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
25
Here's the situation. I currently have a 7800gt that is acting up (it randomly freezes with no rhyme or reason). I am going to RMA it and then probably sell it. I need to get an interim card before making a serious upgrade to a DX10 down the road. I don't do a lot of gaming and most of the games that I'm playing are a few years old (haven't even gotten around to playing things like F.E.A.R. yet). So I'm looking for a solid card that will play older games at 1680x1050 with some eye candy.

I'd like to spend in the $100-$140 range and have been considering the 1950pro 256mb, 7600gt, and 7900gs. Any thoughts on the best way to go?
 
If overclocking is something your interested in.. the 7900 is the way to go. If not I personally would go for the 1950pro, but be aware that they don't overclock for shit... otherwise they are great cards.
 
Thanks for the replies. I'm not much of an overclocker so I decided to go with the ATI. I ended up ponying up $35 extra to get a 1950xt.
 
Back
Top