• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Advice on inside case paint job

dunedan

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
12
Hi all,

I've built my case - a Lian-Li 6099B -- with a black and red theme of Mt. Doom. One thing I *should* have done was anodize/paint the inside portion of the frame that shows through the window as well as the HD drive cage.

Two questions:

One: Is there an anodizing paint I can use to finish off the inside of the case in either red or black?

Two: I'd prefer not to remove everything from the case. Is there a regular brush paint (as opposed to spray paint) that would work, or should I just bite the bullet, remove everything and spray paint the inside?

Thanks in advance.
 
I'd say your gonna half to remove everything. If you don't...well, post pics, they should be good for a laugh.
 
Unless you're doing detail work, painting with a brush is going to look bad. As others have said, you really need to strip the whole thing down. To do it right, you'll also probably have to drill out some rivets. Anodizing is expensive, but there are some alternatives. If you want the anodized look, there's Duplicolor's Metalcast paint that looks very much the same. If you don't care about the anodized look, then you can use high-temp engine enamel (or something similar). After you bake the finish, it'll be very tough.
 
Back
Top