advice on gaming build (lanbox)

Jeffxsee

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
61
I know theres many of these threads already, but my budget is around $1,100. Just wanted to make sure before I purchased this right now that I made the right choices. This is mainly going to be used for gaming on a 22' monitor with 1680 x 1050 res. I plan to overclock this as much as possible.

I didn't put a power supply and case because I'm going to be using a Tt lanbox and a OCZ 700gamexstream that I already have.

So heres what I have on my list...(I actually ordered this already at newegg, but I'm going to cancel the order if I screwed up anywhere.)

OH yeah! I'm willing to spend a little more or less to get better parts for OCing.

Mother board: GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R LGA 775 Intel G33 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Ram:Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT12864AL804 - Retail

GPU: EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6750 - Retail

thermal paste:Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

hsf:ZALMAN CNPS 8000 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

dvd drive :SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-203B - OEM


The total comes out to $1023.25

I tried to copy some builds on other threads and this is what i could fit with my budget in mind.


Your input is greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
ya thats a good setup. you be able to pay any game at that res max! and u can hella overclock that cpu
 
Thanks for the response, I wasn't sure if my parts were the right combination to get the best results. Now I feel more confident in purchasing the parts.
 
Yea, it looks fine to me, exept I would have gotten the Zalman 7700cu or 8700 instead of the 8000.
 
Its OK, though I would get some GSkill PC6400 stuff, rather than wasting money on the Tracers. Also, I would get a different cooler, unfortunate that you can't fit a TT 120 in there. I would try something like an Arctic Cooler, or a different Zalman.
 
Yea, it looks fine to me, exept I would have gotten the Zalman 7700cu or 8700 instead of the 8000.

are u saying that the zalman 7700cu or 8700 will fit the lanbox case? Sorry i just don't know and need some clarification. :D
 
Oh also, will my hsf fit and not cover one of my ram slots on my motherboard? I read some reviews that certain types of motherboard's ram slots get covered.
 
Oh also, will my hsf fit and not cover one of my ram slots on my motherboard? I read some reviews that certain types of motherboard's ram slots get covered.

Hmm...good point..

With the DS2R, I know the 8700 fits, but touches the northbridge. Don't think the 7700 will fit, but I'm not completely sure.
 
Back
Top