davegl1234
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Aug 14, 2010
- Messages
- 75
Hi, I have decided on most of my new parts (i7 2700k, ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 motherboard, coolermaster haf x case..although open to other suggestions for the motherboard and case if anyone has opinions [i've bought the cpu already]) but am struggling with the cpu cooler + RAM.
At first i was angling for the h100, thinking of RAM clearance, ease of installation, and performance...but after reading up on it it seems that air coolers can perform just as well, don't have the risk of liquids (although minimal), and, if anything the h100 seems like more hassle to install than an air cooler.
With that in mind I'm looking for the best air cooler, which it seems would be either the archon or the silver arrow? I'm pretty sure the archon would fit in the haf x, so i could do that, and probably won't have RAM clearance issues that i would with the silver arrow. But then again, if i can get some low profile RAM and the silver arrow is a better performer i guess that would be a better choice? What decent low profile RAM is out there? I've seen the Corsair Vengeance LP RAM, is that a good choice?
I guess i'm wondering what would be a decent, and practically compatible, air cooler + RAM combo for my setup?
Thanks in advance.
At first i was angling for the h100, thinking of RAM clearance, ease of installation, and performance...but after reading up on it it seems that air coolers can perform just as well, don't have the risk of liquids (although minimal), and, if anything the h100 seems like more hassle to install than an air cooler.
With that in mind I'm looking for the best air cooler, which it seems would be either the archon or the silver arrow? I'm pretty sure the archon would fit in the haf x, so i could do that, and probably won't have RAM clearance issues that i would with the silver arrow. But then again, if i can get some low profile RAM and the silver arrow is a better performer i guess that would be a better choice? What decent low profile RAM is out there? I've seen the Corsair Vengeance LP RAM, is that a good choice?
I guess i'm wondering what would be a decent, and practically compatible, air cooler + RAM combo for my setup?
Thanks in advance.