Advice on a 2 headset wireless setup.

jt9247

n00b
Hello Forum. I am looking for your advice on a particular setup I would want to achieve. I recently helped build a gaming PC for my friends, a married couple. We would like to play online games together, for example Rocket League, where they are playing splitscreen on their PC, and I am playing on my PC. We want to be able to have voice chat with eachother during this.

In their home, they have the PC plugged into a TV in the den. They don't want a full headphone on, as they want to use the TV speakers for game sound, and talk to eachother.

So here's what we are looking for specifically. I am not even sure if this is possible, or what products would be required:

2 wireless, single ear headphone with microphone attached. Game audio running on TV speakers, and voice chat audio (likely discord, maybe in-game chat if that is easier) running through the single ear headphone. Audio quality isn't a huge concern for this, as long as we can hear eachother and it isn't too costly.

Can we do it? I see bluetooth headsets on amazon that are very low price, but I don't know if it would support what we would like.

Thanks for your time.

Couldn’t they just run multiple instances of discord or whatever voip your using?

Yes I assume they could. But the software isn't really the main issue here, it's the hardware. I don't know what to buy to make this setup work.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
oh oops on the wireless. um not sure how this would play out with BT, although the last one specifically says it will support two at a time. so those might work. you should be able to tell windows (10 I hope, I know it works) which device to use for which app/game.

TV sound hitting the mic is going to be the bigggest hurdle. Going to need a single desk mic they share that has decent directional noise cancelling. Game audio and discord output go out the TV speakers. The one ear bud could be assigned to each of their discords if need be, but outputting voice to TV should be fine.

Back