philgolian
n00b
- Joined
- May 21, 2005
- Messages
- 17
A friend and I are upgrading the computers to a lan center. We need to know what is the best choice in 64bit motherboards. We need the cheapest, and the most upgradable 64 bit platform. I dont know the differences in the socket types and the clever names of the processors, nor do I care. I still don't want to buy without some input from the [H] first. Please keep in mind the budget and the list of what we are thinking about buying below.
asus mb
64bit processor 2800-3200
1gb ram pc2700 or pc3200
x800series or 6800series (PCIe if its not to expensive, input on video card selection welcome)
Also, what is the absolute smallest PSU that can be used with those parts and 1-2 HDDs and 1 cdrom, and still maintain stablity?
asus mb
64bit processor 2800-3200
1gb ram pc2700 or pc3200
x800series or 6800series (PCIe if its not to expensive, input on video card selection welcome)
Also, what is the absolute smallest PSU that can be used with those parts and 1-2 HDDs and 1 cdrom, and still maintain stablity?