Advice needed for x4 955 oc

bodine1231

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
364
This is my first oc in years and need some advice. I picked up an h50 on sale today and I'm ready to oc this x4 955 be.

I raised my multiplier to 18 (400mhz oc) and it crashed at 1.3v running prime 95 after 20min so I bumped it up to 1.4v and it's been holding at 49 for about 3hrs in prime 95.

What should my next step be? Should I stop now at this temp? Or if I can continue how much do I bump the multiplier and should i bump both the voltage and the multiplier?
 
Maximum safe voltage as dictated by AMD for Phenom II's is 1.55v. With the H50, I doubt you'll see 1.45v. Maximum safe temps as dictated by AMD is 62 C, 55 C is where most people would stop at. Just keep bumping the voltage and multiplier until you hit a temp you don't like, or you get over 62 C.
 
you should be able to hit 3.8Ghz or 19x multiplier some where around 1.4-1.45v. if you have a decent chip you should be able to hit 4Ghz around 1.45-1.5v.. like tsumi said the recommended temp is 62C but the actual thermal temp is 70C and theres a post some where with a email reply from one of the AMD tech's that actually say the thermal temp is around 80C with the absolute max temp being 90-95C.. but try to keep it around 62-65C when stress testing.. your every day applications(even most applications that will hit full load) will never hit those temps. also i recommend using intelburn test or linX(same stress test, just a different name) and run 5-10 pass per multiplier change then 15-20 passes once you find your max overclock. those will put much higher loads on the processor then p95 and are a hell of a lot faster then p95.
 
Back
Top