Advice needed for IT/server setup in SoCal

KleeziE

Limp Gawd
So I have a friend of mine looking for help to update her server hardware and setup a backup system for her mortgage company and I feel a bit out of my depth to do it myself since her information being handled is quite sensitive as it is mostly financial stuff. She is also quite far away from me as well as I am up in the NW.

So the advice I was wondering if there was a good website I could direct her to that would advertise companies or private contractors in southern california that would be trust worthy and wouldnt over charge her.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but didnt see any where else that is close to this topic. Appreciate any help you can provide:)

Geek Squad? j/k. SoCal is a pretty big place- can you be any more specific?
Many professionals working as agents for companies get equipment and/or support from the 'mother company'. If that is not the case, she might be best getting a referral from her banking/processing partner(s) or other professionals in the area.

Ty for the link.

She doesnt have a mother company to take advantage of their services. She brought it up to me because the referral she got from one of her contacts quoted her a fairly high rate. Ty for the ideas though.

Yeah, $150/hr sounds good for a competent Server tech with decent resources. It only goes up from there. Getting someone to do it wrong is much cheaper in the short term.

Back