• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Advice for graphic designer.

strossos

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 25, 2003
Messages
151
I've looked through some threads here and tried finding what I needed in the scarce amount of reviews on the net for these monitors.

For graphics design, what monitor do you recommend. Obviously very good color depth and accuracy is required.


Right now it is SONY SDM-S205FB vs. the Viewsonic VP2130b


So far the Viewsonic VP2130b looks to be a decent choice. Good specs at least, 8-bit color and nice contrast/brightness. Couldn't really find any reviews on it though.

The Sony SDM-S205FB, decent enough on paper. Can't find if it 8 or 6 bits though.


Trying to stay <700, size 20 or 21 inch.

Edit: to clarify, I need something that will be the most accurate compared to what is going to be printed out.
 
I beleive the Sony uses an LG phillips S-IPS.


For graphics design I would choose the Viewsonic which is using a samsung SPVA (I've had experience with both types of panels and find the samsung more vibrant with better viewing angles).

Either choice you're probably going to need to calibrate the colours anyway.
 
Back
Top