Advice for a pseudorabid Square fan replaying FFX

Hey guys,

So, years ago I played through FFX and absolutely hated it (that's too strong, but I did dislike it), but I've decided to give it another try. Any recommendations on tricks, tips, whatever you liked/disliked that I should know? I'm popping it in right now, so any early level stuff, let me know.

I hated those blitzball matches...
but leveling up EXTREMELY quickly in the arena+overdrive to AP+triple AP was fun....

you get so strong that you can kill almost any boss in no time, except for the dark aeons in case you have the int. version.

But early in the game there's nothing that I can remember that could entertain you, unless you like blitz! :eek:

Remember that the first few hours of the game are a tutorial of sorts, and (obviously) an introduction into the game.

Don't let it turn you off. It's a great game once you get past a certain point.

I played FFX all the way through but couldn't beat the final boss no matter how many times I tried and no matter how many times I leveled up. *sigh* I gotta get around to beating that sometime.

PWMK2 said:
I played FFX all the way through but couldn't beat the final boss no matter how many times I tried and no matter how many times I leveled up. *sigh* I gotta get around to beating that sometime.

You must be kidding! The final boss in FFX is one of the easiest RPG bosses ever; even with only 40 hours of play, I had no problems beating it.

Sephiros said:
I hated those blitzball matches...

I hated them, too, since the game essentially makes you lose the first match. My friend convinced me to give it another chance, which I did later in the game. (make sure you have the Jecht shot, or whatever it was) I just couldn't stop playing it. I think I did around 8 hours straight of matches and ended up oversleeping my 7:30am Chem lab the next morning.

Blitzball could have an awesome standalone game if they added more depth and actually gave you control of defense.

Do not get Tidus's ultimate weapon. The Chocobo balloon game is one of the most frustrating mini-games ever. It took me forever.

The dodge lightening 200 times is ridiculous too.

Other than that, a great game. The "No Encounters" weapon was pretty handy when you want to go places and not deal with weak enemies that are a waste of time.

eurin said:
I hated them, too, since the game essentially makes you lose the first match. My friend convinced me to give it another chance, which I did later in the game. (make sure you have the Jecht shot, or whatever it was) I just couldn't stop playing it. I think I did around 8 hours straight of matches and ended up oversleeping my 7:30am Chem lab the next morning.

Blitzball could have an awesome standalone game if they added more depth and actually gave you control of defense.

Well...... it took me about 4h to get it, but I won that match!
it's HARD as HELL, you gotta score with tidus so he can level up his shot and pray that your keeper also level up...

but IT IS possible

that chocobo mini game for tidus' ultimate weapon was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do in a game period.

Back