Adventure games

alex2792

Limp Gawd
What are some good point and click adventure games? I'm finishing Jack Keane right now and it's great. Can anyone recommend some good ones?

The newest one is A Vampyre Story. How about Sam & Max series. There's also Nancy Drew games.

Monkey island 3 probably still the best puzzle adventure game to date.

True that. Man I miss the days off Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango and those Indiana Jones games. If LucasArts starts releasing their adventure games again I'd buy 2 copies just to make sure they keep releasing em.

Full Throttle...man I miss that game. LOL the song the guy is listening to in the mobile home...I think it went "I thank LOoooooord each day.....for the apocalypse." lol

True that. Man I miss the days off Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango and those Indiana Jones games. If LucasArts starts releasing their adventure games again I'd buy 2 copies just to make sure they keep releasing em.

This.

Seriously, I don't get it everyone is releasing 1000000000000000000 billion generic shooters that nobody gives a crap about why in the world can't we get those adventure games. You can't convince me that Full Throttle or Day of the Tentacle 2 wouldn't sell.

Too bad the Full Throttle remake was canceled years ago :(
A Vampyre Story is made by one of the guys if not the guy from Monkey Island three.

Looks very fun, however the demo shows up on my secondary monitor and only lets my mouse move on half the screen :( Still working on fixing that so I can try it out and get the full version :D

Too bad the Full Throttle remake was canceled years ago :(
A Vampyre Story is made by one of the guys if not the guy from Monkey Island three.

Looks very fun, however the demo shows up on my secondary monitor and only lets my mouse move on half the screen :( Still working on fixing that so I can try it out and get the full version :D

I tried the demo and I'll get Vampyre Story when it comes out for the Mac cuz it doesn't run good in Crossover or VMWare and I'm too lazy to reboot all the time lol.

/thread

Another new one is Memento Mori, but I don't know when it's getting released in the US.

syberia I thought was pretty good.. I am playing Chronicles of Mystery - The Scorpio Ritual right now, its not to bad so far.

There have been plenty of great adventure games released in the past few years. Adventure games aren;t dead, they are still being made, it's just that they don't usually get the big AAA publishing that most games get these days, minus a few exceptions.

Some of the ones I would highly recommend:

Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy in the US): A great adventure cinematic game from David Cage/Quantic Dream, who did the classic Omikron game.

It's not "point and click" style of an adventure like you asked for, but I'd highly recommend checking it out any ways if you haven't.

This game shook up a lot of die hard adventure fans and others views when it came out. It IS an adventure game, but it pushes the genre into many new directions and innovations. It was billed as a "Movie game" and it deserved it imo.

You have three main characters in the game. The main character and the two cops who are chasing him. Throughout different parts of the game you can select which character to play that part next, this allows for great replayability as you obviously can't see the whole thing while playing as a different charaacter.

Further more, your actions in the game can have affects on things later on dependign on what you did or didn't do, etc.

I'd recommend d/ling the demo and giving it a try.

The only negative thing I can say about it is that it has some of the now all too common "simon says" type of quick time events. Where you have to match the flashing buttons on screen. It can be annoying but once you get it down it's not so bad. Easily worth getting through thta for it's storyline and gameplay.

David Cage is currently working on the PS3 adventure game, Heaavy Rain, which is looking fantastic and right up a similar alley to how Fahrenheit was (IE make choices, choose characters, etc).

The longest journey - This is one of the more highly acclaimed adventure games in the past five years. It's a great adventure game and feel svery epic. It can start a bit slow but give it some time. The sequel, Dreamfall, was a love it or hate it game to many. I would recommend it if you like TLJ and don't mind some "changes" in gameplay.

Sanitarium: This one is a bit older (late 98/99 iirc) however it is easily one of the best adventure games to me. The game can be pretty damn creepy at times (especially the second area, with all the little kids and the carnival) and it just has this dream like atmosphere that it oozes throughout the storyline through the settings and characters.

Still Life: This is a sequel to post mortem kind of, it takes place in the modern era as opposed to the earlier age in post mortem, the main character is the granddaughter of the main character in post mortem, however you do not haave to play post mortem first to "get" the story or anything, I didn't play it first and this game was one of my favorite adventure games in the past five years.

It's a crime murder mystery adventure game, if you like that sort of thing you'll probably enjoy it. There is also a sequel on the way that should be out Q1 2k9.

Sybera I/II: This is one of the best adventure series. It's one of thoes games that you'll play and then remember ten years from now. Breath taking graphics and very atmospheric settings. Great characters you'll get attached to and overall a very unique world. highly recommend this series (I actually liked it a bit more then The longest journey).

Culpa Innata is another adventure game I'd recommend, t hough if you do not like a LOT of dialogue it might not be for you, and I do mean a LOT.

Dark Earth - I almost forgot this one. This is a very underrated Gem. I remember when it came out and I found it in the bargin bin at wal mart for like 10 bucks.

The game has a very unique kind of Medieval/Steampunk setting to it. Some very memorable characters and things. It does have combat in it as well though.

Classic advneture games I'd highly recommend:

The Gabriel Knight series
The Tex Murphy series
Realms of the Haunting
Monkey Island series
Blade Runner
Grim Fandango ( One of the best, must play if you haven't)
John Saul's Blackstone Chronciles
Simon the Sorceror (You can but both I and II for 5.99 each on gog.com, DRM free and they run via ScummVM).

I'd also recommend you keep an eye on the upcoming adventure game, Gray Matter. It's from Jane Jenson (She did the wonderful Gabriel Knight series) and it's shaping up quite nicely, can't wait until it comes out.

Don't forget about Still life 2 as well, http://www.stilllife-game.com/en/

Sanitarium: This one is a bit older (late 98/99 iirc) however it is easily one of the best adventure games to me. The game can be pretty damn creepy at times (especially the second area, with all the little kids and the carnival) and it just has this dream like atmosphere that it oozes throughout the storyline through the settings and characters.

OMG I love that game, I remember playing it back in HS. You're right one of the best and most disturbing storylines ever.

Culpa Innata - This game had to be the biggest surprise for me. I put it in started the game up, and it opened up with a horrid cutscence, but after that, the games story was riviting. Very philosophical.

Gabriel Knight Series (especially the 2nd one in the series!) Also i recommend getting the dvd patch and make a dvd copy of gk2, it makes the game better then popping cds in and out constantly.

Phantasmagoria

Kings Quest Series (especially 5-6)

Broken Sword 1: This game had a good pace, i loved the humor and it had a great story too!

Longest journey and the sequel Dreamfall are 2 beautiful games.

Sam & Max series and Psychonaughts are excellent if you like comidic adventures. If you can find the older adventures, Full Throttle & Grim Fandango were a blast.

some good ones mentioned in here. Like to add The Experiment. Very cool game and refreshing gameplay mechanics I think (feels very original...in the vein of Iron Helix ;))

some good ones mentioned in here. Like to add The Experiment. Very cool game and refreshing gameplay mechanics I think (feels very original...in the vein of Iron Helix ;))

You just melted my heart Netrat :) I thought I was the only person in the world who enjoyed Iron Helix! I have The Experiment too, I just haven't gotten to that yet since I'm finishing up Sam & Max.

Monkey island 3 probably still the best puzzle adventure game to date.

I wannabe a pirate!

syberia I thought was pretty good.. I am playing Chronicles of Mystery - The Scorpio Ritual right now, its not to bad so far.

Sybera I/II: This is one of the best adventure series. It's one of thoes games that you'll play and then remember ten years from now. Breath taking graphics and very atmospheric settings. Great characters you'll get attached to and overall a very unique world. highly recommend this series (I actually liked it a bit more then The longest journey).

Syberia 1 and 2 were fantastic.

Back