Advantages and Disadvantages of jailbreak

ng4ever

2[H]4U
What are some of the main ones please?

I know I know people still jailbreak ?

How safe is it really ?

Not sure what you’re asking. If you’re looking into jail breaking then you already know what the pros are. Or at least you have a reason in your mind for wanting to do it.

Cons mostly revolve around stability and security. If you open up your device via a jailbreak, all this unsigned software is at the mercy of whomever wrote it. And if you’re okay with trusting that the writer/cracker didn’t put in software that will steal your banking and email info, then that’s the dice you roll.

Generally the community is benign, but like all things it only takes one.

Additionally there isn’t much reason to jailbreak anymore outside of software piracy. For the most part iOS has or will have all the functions that people cared about in terms of ergonomics outside of icon packs.

So if you think it’s worth the hassle to maintain your break and have worse security due to not updating your phone and having unsigned software, go for it I guess?

last I saw that most stable unteahterd iOS jailbreak was ios9.something. If that is still the case, you run into a shit ton of stability issues and some stuff not even being able to update.

How Safe? Not very. But in all things, it's in understanding the risk you are taking, rather than the absolute value of the risk itself. Unsigned software has unchecked access across your device... that's not really any different than what Win32 has had for years, but most people use their phone differently than they would their PC, and that takes a different line of thinking about security. Your phone knows a lot more about you than you may realize.

I haven't felt the need to Jailbreak an iOS device in a long time - ~most~ things I want are available legitimately now. Not everything, but pretty close. Close enough that it's not worth the hassle of jailbreaking.

I was a serious jailbreaker until iOS 9 pretty much slammed the door. I loved jailbreaking and did all kinds of cool stuff with my iPhones. Now, I'm with Android and don't root/ROM at all. Works just fine as stock, for me.

I was a serious jailbreaker until iOS 9 pretty much slammed the door. I loved jailbreaking and did all kinds of cool stuff with my iPhones. Now, I'm with Android and don't root/ROM at all. Works just fine as stock, for me.

I may go back to Android but not sure yet.

Back