Advance Question on selecting the PAR2 files

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Say I have 100 RAR files. And say the damage/missing ending RAR is from 34 to 51.

Now I have a no. of PAR2 files:

vol000+01.PAR2
vol001+02.PAR2
vol003+03.PAR2
vol006+04.PAR2
vol010+07.PAR2
vol017+17.PAR2
vol034+17.PAR2
vol051+17.PAR2
........etc.

Does it matter which PAR2 I grab? Or would grabbing the last 2 (Vol034 and Vol051) aim closely to the missing RAR because the missing parts of the RAR is from 34 to 51?

You can choose any and then it will repair the RAR listing as best it can and then allow you to extract it through WinRAR

QuickPar can only help if you are missing something like 10 or less pieces, and if you dont have any of the par files, then splat :\

you can select any of them, and the rest will be "found" by the app your using for the PAR files. Or should be found, anyway.

Those are the number of repair blocks. The first number is the total number of repair blocks if you download all of the previous par files, and the + is how many blocks are added by that single file. Par2 can repair any missing piece in any file as long as you have the all of the rar's. This makes them incredibly space efficient, at the cost of cpu power to solve the par2 algorithm. The number of blocks in a rar is determined by who ever created the par's. Smaller repair blocks increase the efficiency, but take longer for them to create.

So if it says that your missing 6 blocks you could grab the first 3 pars (+01, +02, +03) or the 5th par (+07). For larger repairs you should look at the vol0XX to quickly add up all those +'s.

Last edited:
Back