Adrenaline !

leoftw

Gawd
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
650
Does anyone ever get huge mounts of adrenaline when gaming . Last night I was playing TF2 down 0-3 and my team came back and I had a huge part in it grabbing 3 of the intels out of 4 . My hands were literally shaking when I grabbed the last intel . They had our intel and I had theirs our intels crossed at the bridge as me and another scout had the intels. I knew if I didn't double jump and land on our battlements we were going to lose. I jumped and luckily made it , I ran down the spiral and a freaking piro was waiting for me as I was burning up I barely made it and we won. It felt great lol The game lasted about 2 hours
 
i had good rush of adrenaline while playing Desert combat with my team. Was awesome to play in an organised team and win.
 
During F.E.A.R, when your playing on a DARK map, and suddenly 2 or 3 enemies pop out. Oh, so fun... lol.

JKA, when we FF - TFFA against another clan...thats always fun...and very tense.

GoW have given me a few rushes, as well.

Yes, I do get excited about my games. :p
 
there was one instance that i remember when i got a huge adrenaline rush. before Day of Defeat source came out, i played Day of Defeat on a regular basis. one night i was playing avalanche on some random server. i was on the allied side and the battle was epic. for about an hour the teams were still fighting over the middle flag. i got a rush so big that i decided to go rambo on their asses with my mighty thompson. i must have killed 7 axis soldiers in less than 10 seconds. my my what a sight it was. although my rage was not helpful to the team, it was helpful in my understanding that i had an addiction to the game.
 
Those tight caps in Planetside usually did it. When you were only BARELY holding onto the control room, and the timer on the cap was counting down. 1:20...1:19...1:18...1:17...

...and then the bad guys start pouring into the room trying to take it from you...and you've just got to keep them away for that last minute, and it's frantic because your last spawn close enough to get back in time was destroyed...

Yeah, that's pretty tense.

Or, heck, when there was a massive 100 vs 100 battle going for a base, where your side wasn't doing very well getting past the walls. And here you come flying down in a Gal loaded with RExos and MAXes ready for a drop on the central tower to blow the gen and swing the tide of battle...those were some pretty insane drops...
 
Interestingly enough, I only get a rush when I kill someone in Dota. I don't get a rush in more mature/violent games like CS or anything else. Oh yeah, playing FEAR single-player gives me a head-rush too, but its a different kind of rush.
 
I always get that rush when I'm taking the last intel in TF2. Same as in CSS, if I'm the last guy on my team. I also sweat profusely :p I'm usually not too awesome at CSS, not bad either, I usually have a KDR of 1:1, but when I get that rush I obviouisly get way better. One example is one round in office. I was the last CT against I think it was five T's. I was hiding in the tunnel underneath front office, and they all ran in one by one. It was pretty fun wasting them all. Never even got hit once.

Another funny one was at front stairs. That game we were getting our asses handed to us by the CT's. I was kinda tired of it. I pumped myself up and ran for the front stairs. I thought I would just run outside and maybe kill a guy or two and then take one for the team. Well, there were two guys running in with M4's, and they both started shooting at me. I was like ":eek:" and sidestepped around their bullets. Two second later they were both dead and I was hardly injured. Can't remember the rest of that round.

And my most glorious moment in TF2... I usually go as Scout, and this was on 2fort. I grabbed the intel twice and ran it back to our basement and won the round, all while decimating the entire other team. Again, I'm usually not awesome at TF2, and by that I mean I usually suck.

And one other tine on 2fort. Us getting totally raped, them basking in the glory. They send I think two Demomen across the bridge with a heavy and a medic iirc. Again I was pretty sick of getting owned all the time, so I ran my ass out there as heavy and faced almost the whole other team on the bridge. Took the two Demomen out. Another guy on my team saw me doing this, so he ran up and took out the rest of them. Woopee!

But then there's another type of rush. It's called the "I'M PISSED OFF RAGGGHAGGRRHGGGGH!" rush. For me it usually appears in CSS gungame. The trigger is when I either get knifed, try to knife someone and get shot, or get killed in a way that I think is really cheap. So I get the "I'M PISSED OFF RAGGGHAGGRRHGGGGH!" rush. Usually it consists of me running blindly out into the open with whatever gun. Most of the time I somehow manage to find and completely waste the person who did me wrong previously. After that, I feel satisfied, like a score was settled, and I go about the rest of the game normally.

So yeah...
 
My hands are shakin.. my HANDS ARE SHAKIN, BUT I'M STILL SHOOTIN AND ITS BOOOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOT.. etc.
 
ahh, we had a game of ut2k4 here in NZ that went for 48 mins. it was a pub 10 v 10 ctf on maul. A game of ctf is 20 mins, so we had a 28 min over time. there were 6 players over 150 points, and my flatmate and 2 others topped 200 (with my flatmate on 260 lol) i scored 190 (attacking only, if i defended i would have scored 250+) and broke the deadlock with a beserk shield jump from the flag base through the wall to our shock rifle. it was the best shield jump i have ever done, i died when i landed but i covered so much ground in so little time that the other team had no chance to stop us capping. it was awesome, i was literally surging with adrenaline at the time. So much fun.
 
I used to when dueling very good people in Subspace. I definitely felt the pressure and got a good feeling when landing that killing shot or barely dodging something.

Ever since then I haven't cared enough about winning in online games to really get worked up about it. I'm pretty calm usually. I rarely get my adrenaline pumping in TF2 because I find it fun/funny and not so serious (I'm usually the top scorer, but I do it while having fun, not while freaking out :p)
 
I used to when dueling very good people in Subspace. I definitely felt the pressure and got a good feeling when landing that killing shot or barely dodging something.

Haha, yes! I used to play DSB a lot and I know what you mean. However, when Team Bandit fell apart the game was over-- I can never play again. :(

I do play EVE, though. And when you find yourself in a fight there's definitely an adrenaline rush because if you lose, you lose a lot!
 
The most recent time I remember was in TF2 in the gravel pit map. I was on blue and we had everything but C, which was very heavily defended. When we only had about 20sec left I chose scout and made a mad dash for the CP. I would have died but luckily a medic showed up right at the cp for some reason and we capped in overtime. It was satisfying beating the shit out of the damn engineers with a baseball bat.:rolleyes:
 
Ultima online, me and my buddy went 2v5 and just utterly dominated theese dudes.

Feels good when newbs talk shit, then you smash em 2v5 in factions so all 5 of em have 20 minuets before they are a threat to me again, makes grabbing sigils easy.
 
Back
Top