Adobe Encore DVD -- No Hyperthreading?

BoomBoom0

n00b
Why does Encore crash with hyperthreading enabled?

I am using Win XP SP2 with all the updates and Adobe Encore DVD v1.5. My system is a Pentium 4 3.0 Northwood with 1GB memory overclocked to 3.7 with Exos-Al watercooling.

I kept getting an error when trying to transcode a video in enore..."encoredvd.exe has generated errors, please see the cb8f_appcompat.txt file for error log." My computer would not reboot, but encore would close.

After setting the Affinity of encore to CPU 0 only, effectivley disabling hyperthreading for that program, the error disappeared.

Any ideas?

That's what I thought initially, so I reformatted windows on a different drive and ran my computer at stock speeds....the same thing happened. I can use encore with everything overclocked (CPU, Memory, FSB) and as along as the affinity is set to CPU 0 or 1, not both, I don't get any errors.....

The reason why I ask is because hyperthreading would speed up the process of transcoding, which takes forever. :(

CPU 1 worked for encore when overclocked on a 2 hour video transcode....it gives an error within the first 15 min. at variable times when hyperthrading is enabled.

Back