Adobe CS4

soulesschild

Supreme [H]ardness
Anybody upgrade yet? I'm wondering if its worth it to upgrade my CS3 Web Premium for 549 (educational price) when I only use photoshop and dreamweaver mainly.... T_T Anybody try it out yet/thoughts?

I upgraded, seems relatively the same. I dont really do much with it though, the only tool that i did use though, 'extract' the highlight tool, has been removed. Kinda lame...

I honestly see no point in upgrading. I prefer an upgrade every other offical release. What people do for design/work/webpage can be done on older version of DW or PS anyways. I know people like to have the latest and greatest. The price just isn't worth what you get if you have CS3 IMO.

Do you just use photoshop for webdesign stuff or do you do photography as well. I know that I'm going to upgrade to PS CS4 mainly for better integration between it and LR2 and so that they both share the same version of ACR.

^ I'd agree with you at that point. But since your using LR2, you are probably on a different level of photo/design than the OP. I will be getting CS4, but I haven't had an upgrade in a while. Make your decision on what you need, not just because it's the new best thing...

I have the Adobe Web Standard CS3 suite (the one without Photoshop), and I'm pretty happy with it, other than the lack of Photoshop. I used Photoshop all the time at my old job, so I went ahead and bought the new stand alone PS CS4 Extended version (academic).

I like it. It starts faster and seems very responsive. The interface is significantly improved. But honestly, if you already have Photoshop CS3, the differences are mostly insignificant. The biggest things are support for GPU acceleration 64-bit memory addressing, both of which are cool, but not ultimately necessary for 95% of the things you'll do as a web designer.

Dreamweaver CS4 has a bunch of new features including the Live View, but for my workflow process, it is all pretty much irrelevant. I use Dreamweaver mostly as a glorified text editor.

I you already have Web Premium CS3, I seriously doubt it's worth the upgrade. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket though, why not? I only wish Adobe would let you upgrade from Academic versions because it's kind of lame buying the same thing over again...

The commercial and academic are essentially the same piece of software correct? I was reading somewhere that they could possibly take our specific fonts...I thought that was pretty lame. Font packs aren't cheap. Anybody know specifically?

If you work with huge images the fact that it takes advantage of hardware graphics acceleration is very cool.

That's sad! How could Adobe sell a Web suite without Photoshop?
I dunno, it's pretty much gimped. ImageReady CS3 is a joke compared to Photoshop in most respects. But hey, I got it for free, so I can't complain.

The commercial and academic are essentially the same piece of software correct? I was reading somewhere that they could possibly take our specific fonts...I thought that was pretty lame. Font packs aren't cheap. Anybody know specifically?

I have the Academic PS CS4... it installed a shit ton of fonts with it. If there are any specific ones you'd like to know about, ask, but I'm guessing you get everything you'd get in the Retail version.

Plus as a bonus for registering, they let you download some other bonus font pack too. Not bad...

I dunno, it's pretty much gimped. ImageReady CS3 is a joke compared to Photoshop in most respects. But hey, I got it for free, so I can't complain.

I have the Academic PS CS4... it installed a shit ton of fonts with it. If there are any specific ones you'd like to know about, ask, but I'm guessing you get everything you'd get in the Retail version.

Plus as a bonus for registering, they let you download some other bonus font pack too. Not bad...

My CS4 should be here Monday. I'll hit you up if I feel I'm missing something real important :0

Back