spicedriver
n00b
- Joined
- Oct 11, 2005
- Messages
- 8
I'm building my first rig and have been holding out for the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo but it doesn't sound like the board is going to be available for at least 2-weeks (I sent an email to Asus asking for an ETA). If I decide not to wait for this board, I'm hoping the veteran builders out there can give me some recommendations on a substitute.
I'm interested in overclocking but this will be my firt foray into that realm and, as such, I have no experience. However, I've worked in the IT field for 25+ years, primarily in the network engineering field, and I have a pretty good grasp of computer and network technology.
The machine will be used almost exclusively for gaming (Doom 3, Quake 4, Far Cry, etc.), overclocking experience, and the occasional general use stuff. I've got a nice budget and any mobo under $500 will be considered.
Following are the parts I've collected so far or are on their way:
CPU: AMD Athlon FX-55 (San Diego)
Memory: Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO
Graphics: (2) XFX GeForce 7800 GTX (Overclocked version)
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
HDD RAID-0: (2) WD Raptor 74GB 10K
HDD RAID-1: (2) WD Caviar SE 250GB 7.2K
ODD: (2) Plextor PX-716A
FDD: Mitsumi 7-in-1 Media Drive
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf SuperTower
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI
Cooling: Swiftech H20-APEX & Danger Den Maze4GPU-SLI
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Headphones: Speed-Link Medusa 5.1
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
Mouse/Pad: Logitech G5 Laser/Thermaltake Gamma Pad
UPS: APC Battery Backup ES 725VA
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 Full Retail
Security: Trend Micro PC-Cillin 2005
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I'm interested in overclocking but this will be my firt foray into that realm and, as such, I have no experience. However, I've worked in the IT field for 25+ years, primarily in the network engineering field, and I have a pretty good grasp of computer and network technology.
The machine will be used almost exclusively for gaming (Doom 3, Quake 4, Far Cry, etc.), overclocking experience, and the occasional general use stuff. I've got a nice budget and any mobo under $500 will be considered.
Following are the parts I've collected so far or are on their way:
CPU: AMD Athlon FX-55 (San Diego)
Memory: Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO
Graphics: (2) XFX GeForce 7800 GTX (Overclocked version)
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
HDD RAID-0: (2) WD Raptor 74GB 10K
HDD RAID-1: (2) WD Caviar SE 250GB 7.2K
ODD: (2) Plextor PX-716A
FDD: Mitsumi 7-in-1 Media Drive
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf SuperTower
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI
Cooling: Swiftech H20-APEX & Danger Den Maze4GPU-SLI
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Headphones: Speed-Link Medusa 5.1
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
Mouse/Pad: Logitech G5 Laser/Thermaltake Gamma Pad
UPS: APC Battery Backup ES 725VA
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 Full Retail
Security: Trend Micro PC-Cillin 2005
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!