Adjusting CPU speed with GA-7N400Pro2?

g0dL!ke

n00b
Hello, I'm building a machine for a friend and decided to go with the following, as it meets all basic needs and more, while saving money.

Gigabyte 7N400Pro2
Athlon XP 2500+ Barton

I've run into a problem though with the cpu speed. The clock speed of the 2500+ is mentioned to be ~1.8Ghz however when I checked the 'My Computer' properties in windows it shows that the processor is only operating at 1.09Ghz.

So, I checked into the bios and the cpu frequency is set to 133Mhz as it should be, but I don't see an option anywhere in the BIOS to increase/decrease the CPU speed.

Anyone have this or a similar setup and could help me out? Thanks in advance.

There are some jumpers on the 7N400 that need to be set by hand for proper speed detection. Normally you don't have to do anything, but it's somewhere to start. RTFM for info on how to set them. In addition. pressing ctrl+f1 (might be alt) in the main BIOS screen will unlock some handy settings in regard to memory timings. Do you have a Revision 1 or 2 board? (rev2 boards can be identified by a passive northbridge cooler and a CMOS reset jumper that rev1 boards did not have)

Set the SW_ jumper, you're running at 11x~100MHz...

See this all the time at the amd corporate forum...

2500 barton should run at 166mhz x 2 for a 333fsb, not 133mhz x 2 for a 266fsb

Back