Address to Physcial Part?

mikeblas

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2006
I've got a machine that pretty repeatably fails memtest. The error is around a particular address all the time; 0x000027Bxxxx. It always happens, though it usually takes several passes to expose the error.

Is there a way to determine, from the address, which memory stick is the problem? Or will I have to remove a stick, test again, and try to eliminate the bad stick by re-testing?

I'm sure you could, but you'd probably spend more time researching the physical address than it would take to pull a stick out and rerun.

Dngrsone said:
you'd probably spend more time researching the physical address than it would take to pull a stick out and rerun.
seconded. just do it the easy way ;)

Does it freeze or BSOD inw indows? If not, then it shouldnt be a threatening problem...

Yeah, I'm getting bugchecks in GDI.

Thanks; I had hoped the mapping was discoverable. It's slow going with MEMTEST, too, since I have to run overnight to guarantee hitting the error.

Dillusion said:
Does it freeze or BSOD inw indows? If not, then it shouldnt be a threatening problem...

If the memory fails memtest86 in any way then it will cause problems. It may not be as noticible if it's a higher physical address, but it will still cause problems for you.

Back