Addon mic for Headphones?

Phimp

Gawd
I just purchased the ATH-A700 cans that I've had my eye on for a while. Should get them Wednesday or so (gotta love NewEgg).
I've been playing a lot on Xbox Live lately and the biggest annoyance for me was always that when wearing the headset to communicate with your teammates, you can't hear anything to your right in the game from the right speaker because you have people yelling in your ear instead. So now that I'll be using the headphones for sound, I could wear the 360 headset around my neck and have the mic sticking up... kinda uncomfortable though.
Oh, and with the 360 in case you were unaware you can set the voice of other players to play through either the headset or the speakers - in this case, the headphones.

But what I would like to do is get some kind of mic that can attach to your headphones so I would only need to wear the one pair of AT cans with the mic attached.

If such a thing doesn't exist, I could always tear my 360 headset apart and just tape the mic stick onto the right can of the headphones. (and of course proceed to taking pictures for the ghetto mods thread :p)

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

I stumbled across the Zalman Mic Attachment . And that seems to be the only simple solution, but if that was clipped onto the headphone cable or my shirt or something, wouldn't it pick up a lot more sound and be much more sensitive? I wouldn't want people in game to hear every ambient noise in my room and have it constantly show up as I am broadcasting through my mic... although I guess there wouldn't be too much noise since I'd be using headphones.... hmmm....

Back