Additional video card need. Which card to get?

brennok

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys looking for suggestions on what sub $300 card to go with.

I previously picked up a 1gb EVGA 460 for my main system which I only game at 1600x1200 on an older 21" CRT.
i7-860
4gb of ddr3
Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD4P
21" CRT

I recently moved a HTPC which wasn't being used to my living room desk and plan on turning it into a second general use/gaming PC while watching TV and that.
i5-661
4gb of ddr3
Gigabyte Ga-H55-USB3
currently on board video
Dell 2209W

I mainly play FPS, currently Black Ops, and MMORPGs. I also figure this gives me a good LCD test since I keep looking to upgrade to a larger screen for my main gaming PC. I got the 2209W for free from work so I am not expecting it to be great, but I figure I might learn what does and doesn't bother me about them.

My question though is what card should I go with. I figure I can either go with a better card for the main PC and move the 460 to the living room or just buy another 1GB 460 for the living room. I still expect to be spending the most time gaming on the main gaming PC. I realize since I am only running 1600x1200 in the bedroom I may not see much difference in going with a better card, but I figure it would also give me more room to play when I upgrade to a larger screen.

Back