• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Additional airflow help OC on 6800 U/GT?

rtierney

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
321
Has anyone purchased a Vantec PCI slot fan card (or similar card) and compared temperatures and stability on their 6800 U/GT with the fan both in use and not in use?
I'm wondering if the decrease in temperature (and consequently, higher OC speeds) is worth the expense of the card.
 
I haven't tried that exactly, but I did add an exhaust unit in the adjacent PCI slot for my GT. Works wonders. ;)
 
i have the vantec pci card fans.

I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes but it does push a ton of air. It is loud though.
 
Back
Top