Addition on pretty coloured lights

Hey, This is my first post here and it will be about the first mod i ever did to my pc, it may not be the best mod but im still happy with the way it came out.

My orginal pc was an advent dt1308, a cheap but semi powerful pc, after having it for about 8 months i got bored and though i will make it more pretty. After a trip to maplins i came back with a blue led fan and a cold cathode.

I first changed the fan on the thermal block and i couldn't use the cold cathode as i didnt have a conveter.

4099892_orig.jpg

once bored of that i bought 2 more fans, and replaced my cold cathodes as they broke.
If you question why i didn't put one on the space on the back of the case, it is becuase it is 92mm fan slot and i was using 80mm's :(.
I placed one of the cold cathodes in the case at the top and one under my monitor.

3261430_orig.jpg

1269364_orig.jpg

106735_orig.jpg

i then bought a 12cm white led fan of ebay for like £1.20 and put that it but used blue take as their wasn't any holes for it to be secured.
6825667_orig.jpg

8193171_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad for a lights-only mod.

I'm actually a little bit prejudiced against those, as they're easy and everybody does them... I was going to build one and that's when I realized I didn't like them and why.

But that's just me :)

Where in the UK are you, if I may ask?

Not bad for a lights-only mod.

I'm actually a little bit prejudiced against those, as they're easy and everybody does them... I was going to build one and that's when I realized I didn't like them and why.

But that's just me :)

Where in the UK are you, if I may ask?

haha, yeah it proberly is the most common mod, but this was my first ever mod. i live in the south east, about 40 mins from london.

OK LIghts in - now lets discuss your cable management..............Modding is great when you have the essentials done, then beautification can really begin. There is a lot to be said about air flow and performance and these poor wires need some love to get you some better air flow or at least clean up the view a bit..

OK LIghts in - now lets discuss your cable management..............Modding is great when you have the essentials done, then beautification can really begin. There is a lot to be said about air flow and performance and these poor wires need some love to get you some better air flow or at least clean up the view a bit..

hahaha, I agree, you'll be happy to know i just bought a wire sleeving kit, also i have changed to a atx case so i have more room now.

Back