Adding user to Local Admin acct failure

sqerl

Gawd
in a corporate environment, when logged onto a machine as the local administrator and trying add a domain user account to the local admin group, I get the following error:

Cannot display objects from this location because of the following error:

The network path was not found.

note: got to this stage by right click on my computer, click manage, go to local users and groups, then open groups, then go to the administrators group, click add..., then change the "look in..." section to the domain where the user account resides
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's some additional information:
1) What I describe above used to work just fine until recently

2) recently, we just migrated from Novell to Active Directory and have experienced all sorts of troubles...

3) although I do not have domain admin rights, the admins I know have tried the same thing and dont understand what is happening... although they were successful when they worked with a windowsXP machine.

4) I have tried the same process on other machines and get the same results

5) I can browse other domains using the above mentioned process without an issue. Its only the domain that the object resides on that I cannot browse.

6) I was able to successfully add the user account by using the command prompt but would still like to know what may be causing the issue.

Thanks for any insight.. I know there is probably alot of information that would be needed to fully troubleshoot, I'm just hoping someone else has already experienced this issue..

Thanks!!

sqerl

Back