Adding new domain to Exchange

UncleDavid218

2[H]4U
Exchange 2007 running on Server 2008 Standard SP2

Right now, our primary domain is companynameinc.com. I have recently purchased, acquired, and registered companyname.com and would like to start using the new domain for Exchange, while still allowing receipt of emails to all @companynameinc.com Exchange addresses (since obviously all external parties only know of the old addresses).

Basically what I have done so far is create a new authoritative Accepted Domain in EMC for @companyname.com. As far as I can see, all that I need to do now to start the transition is to edit the default email address policy and add in @companyname.com to the primary SMTP reply field and then apply it to all mailboxes in the policy (just the default policy). Then, Outlook profiles will update automatically and I’ll be on my way. I understand that the address displayed in Outlook may stay on the old address. This is probably ok, and I only have 50 users so it wouldn't be the end of the world to rebuild them.

Is there any other magic I need to look out for? Also, I know that I’ll need to get a new SSL cert for OWA, but for right now I don’t plan on changing the OWA URL so I think I’ll be fine there (I’ll change it when my cert expires next year).

Back