• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Adding molex to 6800GT or Voltage mod !

OPUS1

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
1,766
I think I'm feeling lucky!
What do you think would happen if i were to wire up the missing molex connector?
The traces appear to be there.

What are the chances of furballing the card?
 
OPUS1 said:
I think I'm feeling lucky!
What do you think would happen if i were to wire up the missing molex connector?
The traces appear to be there.

What are the chances of furballing the card?
There are a couple of components missing in addition to the molex connector.

Scott
 
Leave it to da Noobie!
Thanks for doing my leg work. :D
but I was looking for an excuse to buy an ULTRA :eek:
That's for a 6800 Ultra, I was talking about the GT.
Maybe I'll have to do the double dog dare :p
I'm not scared just don't want to hose the box.
 
i just measured from that point with my DMM and i'm getting about 1.3v.

i wonder if that 6800U BIOS would work on a GT?
 
once something new gets released and i start looking for excuses for upgrade then i start all the risky stuff.

not that im afraid to screw up a card, im afraid of having to buy the exact same thing i already had.

but yea i have my 6800gt pretty steady on water at 440/1150 max. It could use a little more voltage but 100$ for 20-30 mhz max just doesnt sound worth the investment. since the actual game performance translates very weakly into something like a 3% overclock increase yields 1% performance and thats only if drivers/game engine/FSB/Bandwith/latency/software. etc.. will usually be one of the bottlenecks.

i just couldnt find a situation where the core clock speed bump would ever change what settings i could use or

it does make it easier
 
felix88 said:
i just measured from that point with my DMM and i'm getting about 1.3v.

i wonder if that 6800U BIOS would work on a GT?

yea ive also figured an ultra bios might yield higher overclocks, if like the 9800p/xt series the ram latencies get loosed a bit allowing much better overclockers
 
Forgive us, what have we wrought :eek:
Darn card ain't a week old and we gotta mess!
Trully [H]ard :D
 
how about that modded BIOS on VR-Zone. i'd think that would bump my core up to 1.5v. :eek:
 
Just flashed mine to the Ultra extreme!






April fools :DI flashed my 5900 U to 5950 U,went smooth. If I can find a PNY BIOS I'll hop on it.
Read back there at vr thread that the 2nd molex adds 5v? I thought that it added an extra 12v also?
 
Back
Top