adding gtx480 to current loop...

watanabe

Limp Gawd
Thoughts? Just picked up a GTX480 from TD for $380 after BCB/MIR.

With my current setup I can run the Triebwerks at <1500 RPMs and its basically silent. Wondering if I could get away with throwing a block on the 480 and just adding 2 more tubes in it, or if I'd have to throw in another pump in the bayres (which I honestly bought for this sort of situation, just not sure if it's necessary).

Not really looking to OC the card (much), this is an architecture workstation, just want it to be quieter/less hot.

Thoughts? Just picked up a GTX480 from TD for $380 after BCB/MIR.

With my current setup I can run the Triebwerks at <1500 RPMs and its basically silent. Wondering if I could get away with throwing a block on the 480 and just adding 2 more tubes in it, or if I'd have to throw in another pump in the bayres (which I honestly bought for this sort of situation, just not sure if it's necessary).

Not really looking to OC the card (much), this is an architecture workstation, just want it to be quieter/less hot.

Your present pump can def handle it.

If quiet operation is a concern, a second pump will add more noise. Check to see if your flow is adequate with the single pump before adding another.

you will be fine. by the way i love those fans. i have 5 medium speed triebwerk fans and love them!

Back