Adding Cool It to Loop?

HotGore

Limp Gawd
I had this idea about using a coolit tec to cool down my water in my system, I am interested to see if it would be technically do able. So here is my idea. I mod a res so that the loop works like normal, but I add 2 more fittings to allow the coolit to suck water in and out.
COOL.jpg

I had this idea about using a coolit tec to cool down my water in my system, I am interested to see if it would be technically do able. So here is my idea. I mod a res so that the loop works like normal, but I add 2 more fittings to allow the coolit to suck water in and out.
COOL.jpg

I suppose that would work, however it should be placed in the loop between the radiator and the reservoir. that way the heat is lost via the radiator then the already some what cooled water then passes thru the coolit,to drop the water temp to lowest possible .

This setup is dependent on the idea that the hot side of you loop is above ambient otherwise the radiator is useless

So,
res --> pump --> (whatever is being cooled) --> radiator --> coolit
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| (return line to res)

or if you want to dump your pump since the freezone has its own pump

res--> coolit --> (whatever is being cooled) --> radiator ---> (return line)

Not really worth it... The COOLIT only cools about 70w or so... About the same as a 120mm radiator.

I suppose that would work, however it should be placed in the loop between the radiator and the reservoir. that way the heat is lost via the radiator then the already some what cooled water then passes thru the coolit,to drop the water temp to lowest possible .

This setup is dependent on the idea that the hot side of you loop is above ambient otherwise the radiator is useless

So,
res --> pump --> (whatever is being cooled) --> radiator --> coolit
<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| (return line to res)

or if you want to dump your pump since the freezone has its own pump

res--> coolit --> (whatever is being cooled) --> radiator ---> (return line)

Actually, it doesn't matter where it is. The temperature of the loop is just about constant everywhere. The water doesn't instantly heat up or cool down after it passes through a CPU, video card, or radiator.

Chilling with a Tec is a waist to any deg. Once you get all the bits you could sell your water loop and get a chiller built.

Back