• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Adding another 4890

quicksilver98

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
68
I was wondering if it would be a good move to purchase another 4890 and run them in Xfire. With my Phenom II 955 running at 3.8Ghz will It hold me over for another year or so? I'm not sure if my PSU would be able to run them both though..


My machine is below in my signature.
 
pc power? unsure of the quality of that psu. should be jsut fine though.
 
With 60A on your 12v, your PSU should be adequate. In terms of holding you over it really depends what you play and even more importantly at what res. If you're at or above 1920x1200 then a second 4890 will be appreciated much more than if you're at a lower res
 
I play on a 28" monitor that runs at 1920X1200. I play games like Dawn of War II, L4D2, and Starcraft II. I am looking forward to Diablo III and some other titles this year. Just making sure that this would be a viable upgrade.
 
Back
Top