add user to all public folders on exchange

Soldier101

Gawd
How would I go about adding a user to every public folder an exchange server has on it? I want to do this so that I can export the public folders to move them over to a new server. (the tech before me did an improper migration from 2k3 to 2k7 so the public folders are still on the old server and some on the new.

is there a way to blanket add a user to all public folders on exchange and give them admin rights?

I tried using the admin account and it's associated email but even that didnt work.

You can't replicate them over via Exchange? You're stuck basically doing manual copies?

I didn't think Public Folders were still a part of Exchange 2007+?

They are, but the system does not use public folders for storing free/busy info or limited to using them for the OAB unless there are legacy Outlook clients (2003-). MS is actually phasing them out in favor of Sharepoint for

I just need to find a way to get them all on the exchange 2007 box so I can ditch the old exchange 2003 box...any ideas? I have tried all of those replication server scripts etc stuff

Add the user to Exchange Administrator group. Then click on the server itself and add that user as an administrator.

No.

Not entirely sure what the OP is trying to do here.

I have two exchange servers one 2003 one 2007....my predecessor at this position tried to migrate everything from the 2003 box to the 07 box. Unfortunately, he was only able to get the mailboxes moved to the 07 server. He set the public folders up to migrate to the 07 box through replication but it never took place.

Thus, I have to leave the 03 box for now until I figure out how to get the public folders off the 03 server and onto the 07 server...

I am essentially trying to remove the 03 box from the network.....but I have to find out how to get the public folders from the 03 server to the exchange 07 server

Back