Hi all..
I'm considering building a large fileserver using SATA disks (RAID 5). I am looking at two different controllers :-
- Adaptec 2810SA 8 Chan - £320
- Highpoint RR1820A 8 Chan - £150
The obvious difference is the cost, but could anyone clarify why the Adaptec is so much more expensive? I have a feeling the Adaptec supports hot-swap where the HighPoint one doesnt - but is that it? Neither seem to allow you to place extra cache ram on the board..
Thanks
Stu
I'm considering building a large fileserver using SATA disks (RAID 5). I am looking at two different controllers :-
- Adaptec 2810SA 8 Chan - £320
- Highpoint RR1820A 8 Chan - £150
The obvious difference is the cost, but could anyone clarify why the Adaptec is so much more expensive? I have a feeling the Adaptec supports hot-swap where the HighPoint one doesnt - but is that it? Neither seem to allow you to place extra cache ram on the board..
Thanks
Stu