• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Actual R520 info?

EVERYONE has posted a R520 XT as 600 mhz core 1400 mhz memory, 16 pixel pipelines, so I'm going to have to agree with that and expect that from ATi. They also used the same picture as in the HKEPC article. Not a bad find though, just adds to the solidarity of the XT specs.

Some more benchmarks would be nice, can't wait to see them, really piss off the ATi boys who think the card will have a 3Dmark score of 20,000 and play FEAR at 1600x1200 at 500fps.
 
^
Because they have been saying that?
most of them have been saying wait for it to come out when people speculate specs unless its a realiable source.

Personaly I think ATi has something up their sleeve this round. Benchmarks that show little diffrence from a X850XTPE and yet a massive card with a vastly new memory configuration. I dunno I am going to wait till the card comes out.
And then cry because Im too poor to buy either the damn 7800GTX or the damn X1800XT. :D
 
PRIME1 said:
I thought that the X800 was an OC'ed 9800

which the 9800 was just a 9700Pro pumped up. so Basically ATI has been riding the 9700 series this whole time ? Well at least the x1800XT or whatever lame frigging name they came up with has new features like the 3.0 thingy only 6800's + had ?

But what is with the names of [H]ardware lately :rolleyes: I mean X1800XT is so confusing and gay sounding, what happened to a "real" name like the Voodoo name, and Pentium has me confused with their cpu naming scheme
 
neubspeed said:
EVERYONE has posted a R520 XT as 600 mhz core 1400 mhz memory, 16 pixel pipelines, so I'm going to have to agree with that and expect that from ATi. They also used the same picture as in the HKEPC article. Not a bad find though, just adds to the solidarity of the XT specs.

Some more benchmarks would be nice, can't wait to see them, really piss off the ATi boys who think the card will have a 3Dmark score of 20,000 and play FEAR at 1600x1200 at 500fps.

Even my 6200 has SM 3.0
 
Gillette said:
According to this article the R520 is nothing more than a heavily OCed X800*...

Granted this article is on MegaGames and half their staff couldn't tell their ass from a hole in the ground, but this could be lame either way.

http://megagames.com/news/html/hardware/atir520detailsandimages-update.shtml
Sorry, but reading that confirms that some guy got pissed off at ati because ati didn't recognize, them, so they in retaliation leak performance specs about the R520? Then it seems ati comes back and says "durka muhammid jihad those are fake numbers".

Sorry that's the conclusion that article made me come to.
 
{NG}Fidel said:
^
Because they have been saying that?
most of them have been saying wait for it to come out when people speculate specs unless its a realiable source.

Personaly I think ATi has something up their sleeve this round. Benchmarks that show little diffrence from a X850XTPE and yet a massive card with a vastly new memory configuration. I dunno I am going to wait till the card comes out.
And then cry because Im too poor to buy either the damn 7800GTX or the damn X1800XT. :D

Actually, yes, so many people after the 7800GTX launch have been PFFTTEK@L@@(*! thats not very impressive, ATI is gonna own it with the R520
 
in that article it says an x850xtpe only does around 30fps @ 1024 in doom 3, I know doom3 is an nvidia game but that's not right is it?
 
Yeah it's horseshit. My card easily beats those numbers in any of the games listed. Just wait for the [H]ard review. You know that'll be done with zero bs.
 
Back
Top