Activision: Destiny Will Be 'Best-Selling IP In History'

Wrong. Mario isn't the fastest selling new IP.

They never said fastest selling they said "Destiny will become the best-selling new video game IP in history"

Best selling and fastest selling are two different things.

Thought about this for a bit. I was semi interested in this because it is a new IP. I was hesitant because it reminds me of halo and frankly I never thought halo worth the praise it got. However I'm off the mind that Bobby Kotick is a supreme jackass and I have utter contempt for how he views his customers. Given this intense dislike and the continued arrogance he is displaying about this game. I've now decided I will not be purchasing it.

That's a mighty large claim.

They never said fastest selling they said "Destiny will become the best-selling new video game IP in history"

Best selling and fastest selling are two different things.

Well if that is the case then Mario needs to not sell a single copy for the next two decades so they'll have a chance of catching up.

Well if that is the case then Mario needs to not sell a single copy for the next two decades so they'll have a chance of catching up.

The amount of reading comprehension fail in this thread is astounding.

Mario is not a new IP. New game in series != new IP.

Unfortunately, I can only think that Titanfall will take that crown, and run with it...In a small mech (compared to Mechwarrior, they are tiny little Mech suits, I think even the Heavy Gear suits are bigger).

The amount of reading comprehension fail in this thread is astounding.

Mario is not a new IP. New game in series != new IP.

no shit. your comprehension fail is pretty high also.

People are talking about the entire Mario series. not a single game, as a basis for how well a new IP would have to sell to be the best selling IP in history. Because everything started off as a new IP at some point. There also is no idea of what is meant by their statement of the best selling new IP. do they mean looking at just the first game in a series or looking at all games in a series.

no shit. your comprehension fail is pretty high also.

People are talking about the entire Mario series. not a single game, as a basis for how well a new IP would have to sell to be the best selling IP in history. Because everything started off as a new IP at some point. There also is no idea of what is meant by their statement of the best selling new IP. do they mean looking at just the first game in a series or looking at all games in a series.

Unfortunately that isn't how it reads or was even implied. I know they are intelligent enough to know the difference between New IP and legacy IP over the course of its lifetime despite my personal animosity at the guy, unfortunately it seems few here are aware of that distinction. They refer to New IP as being the amount of expected sales for the First release. That does not include the years of following expansions to the IP. So yes the ones talking about the entire mario series are just completely wrong in their comparison. Sorry to burst your "I'm smarter than everyone bubble" but while SMB certainly started a legacy, video gaming then isn't nearly what it is now. So beating it's "NEW IP" sales isn't exactly hard. Now if you want to drill down and get into a debate on Legacy sales of an IP over the course of it's lifetime, then that is another argument entirely but not at all what was referred to here. Obviously in that scenario, there is little out there that holds a candle to the sales figures for the entire legacy of the Mario IP.

So perhaps next time before you attempt to call someone out...know what you are talking about. Otherwise you tend to get embarrassed.

Destiny will probably be the biggest PS4 game for the foreseeable future.
Basically Halo on crack.

Back