Active User Nose dive

For some reason my average per day has dropped from 6500 to 4500. I do not know why, nothing has changed....Any ideas...

darktiger said:
For some reason my average per day has dropped from 6500 to 4500. I do not know why, nothing has changed....Any ideas...

there seems to have been a flood of smaller wu's, i have been getting a ton of 51 pointers lately mixed in with the 364 pointers on my AMD

KodiakStar said:
there seems to have been a flood of smaller wu's, i have been getting a ton of 51 pointers lately mixed in with the 364 pointers on my AMD
same here... and my low end P4's don't like em for some odd reason.

the sempron 2800 chews through them pretty fast, i think this p4 gets them from time to time, but dont really pay attention to it as much

Not trying to start anything here, but something about that chart bugged me after seeing itearlier (yet I couldn't quite place it), however while working on a few new things I found out what it was.

That chart shows 1,470 active members, now I'm not sure exactly how that site calculates alive vs dead, however one of the new additions I'm working on shows.

alive.png

The way hardfolding calculates alive vs. dead is;

Active = Member that has produced in the last 7 days
Dead = Member that hasn't produced in the last 7 days.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure

Webmaster: www.hardfolding.com
Lurker Extraordinaire

King_N said:
Not trying to start anything here, but something about that chart bugged me after seeing itearlier (yet I couldn't quite place it), however while working on a few new things I found out what it was.

That chart shows 1,470 active members, now I'm not sure exactly how that site calculates alive vs dead, however one of the new additions I'm working on shows.

alive.png

The way hardfolding calculates alive vs. dead is;

Active = Member that has produced in the last 7 days
Dead = Member that hasn't produced in the last 7 days.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Awesome work.. thats one thing that i don't like about their charts is its more of a "guess-ta-mate"

The only thing i could think of (i dont know if you can pull it from stanfords stats as well)

in addition to the active users, is active cpu's as well (if its not too much work)

Edit: King_N is da MAN!

Unfortunetly that info is *only* available on their stats site, they don't allow stats sites(under penalty of banning) to mine their site for info, all of the stats sites have to use the text based version they provide.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Is there someone we could email, to ask if they could add that small amount of info to the updates you can pull from?

You would have to contact Vijay and see if he would add it to the text files, however I do see a slight problem with doing that, if they were to add info to the file it *could* break the stats sites until their code has been updated to accept the new info.

It could add minimal problems, or it could add major problems like when they added that blasted spam blocker that created duplicate entries across the stats sites.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Good point. One would think that it would be there already since some teams would like that info for their own stats sight.. ppd per active cpu avg... active cpu per active user avg etc..

I am surprised they do not have it there already.

that's their problem for not thinking of it first :p

you'd probably wanna email the webmasters for the other stats sites (to be nice) to let them know of the impending changes (or potentially impending)

maybe ask if he could send along a sample text file? and change a week after that?

No need to add the other info that can all be determined on the fly, if the stats site is up to par anyway.

Active CPUs is the only thing that can't be gained at present.

Lurker Extraordinaire

i think he means that were the CPU counts included, all that info could be calculated. not that all that should be included.

Just read it again, sorry still working on far too little coffee.

Lurker Extraordinaire

i do that, just without the coffee ;)

sleep deprivation is FUN!

the site is looking great as always, btw. even has recent news! :)p)

King_N said:
Just read it again, sorry still working on far too little coffee.

Lurker Extraordinaire

it happens to the best of us. sadly its too hot outside to think about coffee too often :(
- Fold [H]ard - - Or go [H]ome -

that's why starbucks sells iced coffee... good in the summer.

and lots of caffeine, too!

eh its ok. but not the best all the time. plus at 5$ it gets spendy.

ok back on topic now.

Where are you planning on putting the new info at King?

It's going to be a while, the new info is part of a *major* change that is going to be happening sometime in the future(No ETA at this time) .

But the new info will be placed in the stats section.

Awesome. Get back to work :) I know we can't wait to see what you come up with next!
- Fold [H]ard - - Or go [H]ome -

By no way am I demanding this, or really even requesting it. Just my dream.

I think it would be great if we could go in, look at a certian CPU's work done online, look it up by machine ID, give it a nickname, and be able to track it's completed progress. Kinda in the way EMIII does it but not current progress, but past work done. I know my one borg would like to be able to go online and see what his machine has turned in toward the cause. Plus I'd like to see what machines are still active (in last 50 or 7 days). Just in case they lost connectivity or just got screwed up.

Again, it's a dream, will never happen. But I think about it when I'm lonely and it brings me joy.

Thats a cool dream, but I'm not sure if anyone keeps stats like that. The only one I could see having that information would be Stanford. I think the UD project might produce those stats though.

Back